Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Recruiter Emails...sigh

Today was the day of recruiter emails. I selected a pair of the best ones, for different reasons. Our first email is not the fault of the company with billets to fill. I blame it on the headhunting firm. Note to businesses hiring recruiters, you can tell them not to do this type of activity.

This arrived in my work email, which I will also count as a strike against them. Not even my name in the "Hello" portion...just a lonely dash.


I sent the company who retained this firm a very nice reply indicating that this recruiter was not quite cutting it. They may want to go a different way next time.

This next gem is brought to us by "Monica". Her name actually is Monica so the quotes are superfluous...as is this sentence. I feel this is a better effort, but it is more annoying due to the tactics employed to get it here using RE: in the subject line. This one ALSO came in my work email.


....aaaaannnnnnd  here is this thoughtful reply. I decided to be less helpful here.


What have we learned today kids? We have learned some basic netiquette when it comes to recruiter emails. Even though it is just an email, you should treat it as a face-to-face, especially if you are trying to get something you want from the recipient. 

...or at least LEARN MY DAMN NAME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment